This classic first appeared in print in Jerry Thomas’ How To Mix Drinks but its origin dates back much earlier. Perhaps one of the simplest of the cocktails, it has a base spirit, water, sugar & citrus. Similar to a punch, the Whiskey Sour is has a sour, a sweet, a strong & a weak, only scaled for a single serve.
- .75oz (20ml) Lemon Juice
- .5oz (15ml) Sugar Syrup
- 1oz (30ml) Organic Egg Whites
- Dry Shake
- 2oz (60ml) Blackened Whiskey
- 3 Dashes Angostura Bitters
- Add lemon juice, sugar syrup and egg whites to shaker.
- Shake without ice (Dry Shake) to emulsify egg.
- Add whiskey, ice and shake vigorously.
- Double strain into sour glass.
- With a dropper, add drops or dash lines of Angostura Bitters.
- Garnish with Maraschino cherry.