Named after the famous borough in the 1870’s, this classic is a worldwide hit. Perhaps the most known of the modern cocktails of the “Golden Age” of mixology, the Manhattan’s popularity spans generations. After some recipe exploration, the Manhattan settled in on the now common recipe of two part whiskey, one-part vermouth, dash of bitters.
- 2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1oz (30ml) Sweet Vermouth
- 2oz (60ml) Blackened Whiskey
- Orange Essence
- Build in mixing glass.
- Add ice and stir with bar spoon until chilled.
- Strain into coupe or cocktail glass.
- Garnish with orange essence and Maraschino cherry.