This classic first appeared in print in Jerry Thomas’ How To Mix Drinks but its origin dates back much earlier. Perhaps one of the simplest of the cocktails, it has a base spirit, water, sugar & citrus. Similar to a punch, the Whiskey Sour is has a sour, a sweet, a strong & a weak, only scaled for a single serve.
- 3 Dashes Angostura Bitters
- .25oz (7ml) Sugar Syrup
- 2oz (60ml) Blackened Whiskey
- Orange Essence
- Build in mixing glass.
- Add ice and stir with bar spoon until chilled.
- Pour over large ice cube into a Double Old Fashioned glass.
- Garnish with orange essence and Maraschino cherry.